"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Things I didnt think about with adopting a boy who is 4.

I didn't realize.......

How hard the language barrier would be.  It was a piece of cake with Charis who came home at 3.

How hard it would for Zeke to have a sister the same age with cleft whom Zeke would learn his language from.  It is very hard to understand Molly Mei and when he learns to say things from her, it is frustrating. 

How much we would love to see first experiences with him. 

How I would have to teach him to play.  The others were younger and it came as they grew, Charis knew how to play, but Zeke has no clue. 

How he would be so afraid and terrified of Chinese people. 

How I would fall in love with his chinese name "Shee-ow-yee".   It is who he is. 

Zeke would want his shoes on at all times (ready to leave with us at a moments notice) and very sad if we take them off.

How much he wants to be loved and accepted. 

How happy it would make me to have him say "baby Jesus", knowing he will learn about G-d. 

How much a little step of trust from Zeke would cause me such joy. 

It would be like teaching a baby to do things.

How much I would fall in love with him.  It wasn't an immediate deep love.  I loved from the first time I saw his picture, but not they way I do now. A this is my child love and if you hurt him, you better watch out love.  With each day that passed, we learn together to love each other, to trust, to become FAMILY.  Thank you Zeke for all you are teaching me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP