"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rip my heart in two





Molly Mei had surgery today.  This is her 7th surgery and it never gets easier.  She had to have dental surgery as her teeth are in bad shape.  At first, the insurance denied it so we had to go in office and do a trial run. Oh, that was so not nice and was upsetting.  She previously has had dental work done in office and is petrified.  Thankfully our dentist is wonderful and was able to keep it fairly under control, but still not fun.  This allowed for the surgery today.  I told her she was getting her teeth fixed and was getting a "hat " (crown) on them. like mommy has.  She said she was going to be so brave and was handling this amazing.  Usually she gets really upset when she is going to have surgery.  All this at 4 years of age.  She went into surgery at 9am and was done at 11am.  She had 12 hats (crowns), 11 root canals and 1 extraction.  That made for a sore mouth.  I told them I wanted to get to as soon as possible when the anesthesia wore off, as she usually comes out of surgery like a bear!  They did call me in early.  She came to amazing.  It was so pleasant this time as compared to times past.  We were able to go home at 12:30pm.  Once we were in the car she put her hand in her mouth where her gum line is split.  She looked at me and said "They didnt fix my teeth.  I was so brave". and had these crocodile tears in her eyes.  She thought they were going to fix her gumline where her cleft goes up, but they didnt.  She was so so sad.  Not in a naughty way, but in a heart broken way.  It absolutely tore me apart.  I couldnt fix this.  I wanted to so bad and explained it will fixed, but not tell she is older.  She just had these silent tears rolling down her cheek.  I am such a looser for not realizing.  She was showing people her teeth and gum line and that is was getting fixed.  I assumed she just meant her teeth.  But no.  These are some of the hardest days when you have a special needs child.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP