"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Are you asking?



I had a conversation today with a Christian lady at work.  Let me preface and say I am not questioning this woman’s faith as I know she is a very Godly woman.  We were talking and I was explaining how someday I would love to live overseas and start or work in an orphanage, but I know without a doubt that right now God has our family where we are for a reason. He has made it quite clear to Torey and I that we are to stay in our small town and I am to work where I am. When Torey was unemployed we were willing (and would still be if He lead) to move which was quite a feat for a small town boy that has lived on generational property all his life. We were willing to move overseas in ministry if He would have said to.  But the Lord did not open those doors.  I was a little bummed at first, but quickly pulled my big girl panties on and said Lord if this is where you are to have us, please let me do your will and bring you glory.  He made it clear I was to change positions or should I say take on a new position at work.  This at times can be stressful, but I am amazed at the opportunity He has given me to help teenagers.  And I love it.  Sometimes they can be a challenge but for the most part, they amaze me and I love their brutal honesty.  All of that to say, I know He has my family right now where we are supposed to be.  When I was talking with this co-worker, I was explaining my love for the orphan and how biblical it is to care for the orphan.  She kept going back to how nice that it is but it is up to what the Lords will is.  I TOTALLY agree, but I got to thinking.  I know not every Christian is called to adopt, at least that is what I hear people say.  You don’t want to pressure someone into adopting when its not right, you know disruptions and all………  But then that got me thinking more.  If a couple is in the word and growing in faith, why wouldn’t you want to adopt, to experience a kind of love that Christ said we are to Him?  I am not going to say every committed Christian should adopt, that is between them and the Lord.  But my question is, Are you asking the Lord if He wants you to? Are you seeking His will for your life, even if it’s out of your comfort zone?  If you have and He has made it clear the answer is no, then carry on.  But if you have not asked, maybe you should.


Edited to add. Please know I am not saying everyone should adopt or everyone should be a missionary.  But I do believe we should be in the word and seeking Gods will, then asking ourselves whether we should be doing something instead of sitting back in our easy chair and not even caring.  Hope this makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP