We decided to bight the bullet and ordered flooring for the house. The rug is quite old and really has needed to be replaced for many years now. The kitchen has 2 different floors, both linoleum. One 1970 green and the other grey with roses. : ) We have always been so tight and saving for adoptions that we have never put any money into the house, besides a very small (less than a hundred) here and there. The flooring we are getting is 7 inch old growth doug fir. We are getting it through a broker and it is costing us about $2200.00 to do everywhere upstairs (kitchen, living room, hall, bathroom, and laundry room). We are not doing the bedrooms. Although myself, I would rather be putting every single penny into another adoption, Torey isn't ready. Or maybe we are done..... Either way, I am praying about it and I know Torey is too. I am so thankful I have a husband that seeks Gods will for our whole family and I trust him that God will lead him as needed. I would never, ever want to push our family into a situation that we are not all on board with. I do have to say this crazy family and my job keep me VERY busy. I love the saying on my blog....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown
Because most days this is how I feel and I love it. Okay, to the hallway. The beautiful hallway had these amazing popcorn ceilings.
Then the walls had been painted, oh probably 15 years ago in a flat paint. Not to mention, I think there might have been close to a hundred holes from pictures. Notice also the old light fixtures. Actually, I prefer to call them retro or antique. I am really not into brass and I know its coming back into style, but I just dont like brass. I took them down and painted the brass a bronze color. Barely cost me anything. I actually like the globe. Its kind of cute.
We are wanting to get doors. The boys door doesn't even close, its warped so bad. I am really wanting to add character to this seventies house. I love old 5 panel doors. Saw some on craigslist, but trying to see what the most cost effective route is. We shall see. The above picture had the popcorn scraped off, but nothing is painted.
Painted in an semi-gloss
Light fixture with the bronze face lift.
No comments:
Post a Comment