"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Friday, June 15, 2012

Having a fun summer

I have discovered Annie Sloan paint.  I have to admit that I love it!  Here are some before and after pictures that I have done.  These pieces were given to me for free.  I am going to sell them in a garage sale I am having the 22.  Although the dresser I am falling in love with, so we will have to see.  
   

This was after a painting attempt last year.  I had remained in the garage needing some more help.


Chopsticks are an amazing help :)  This was drying.  Painted duck egg ascp blue.


The slightly distressed final project waxed in clear and dark wax. 


This is another bench I had fallen in love with at a garage sale (the items given to me are later).  It was just so ugly, but the shape was cute and it was older.  It had been on our deck since last summer waiting for me to paint him.  

After.  It is also duck egg blue (3 old white to one duck egg) and old white on bottom.  I love how you can mix annie sloan paint.  I am really enjoy this.  This is only waxed in clear.  


One more before for now. : )

This is a piece of furniture that was given to me for free.  It really thought it was quite ugly, but had good bones to it.  


After.  I sanded the top and used a stain on it.  I then tried a varathane on top, but it did not seem to soak in very well, so I used the clear and dark wax.  That did the trick.  It still needs to dry some but it looks nice.  I again used duck egg blue on the drawers and old white on the rest.  I used both clear and dark wax and only slightly distressed it.  I myself, am not a big fan of major distressing.  Maybe thats only because I am new at this though.  

The knobs are old wood ones of a dresser I have redone in are hallway.  I am looking for knobs for it and did not realize they are so expensive, at least the ones I like. I am going to keep looking for the right knobs at the right price.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP