"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Friday, August 30, 2013

School is starting soon

School will start in 4 days, which also means I go back to work.  I have this love/hate relationship with work. Hate is not the right word, but just getting my point across.  I love my job.  I work with kids at a private christian school.  I clean, am in charge of the lunch room with two other amazing gals, monitor study halls and am dean of girls.  Many hats I wear.  I love working with the high school kids, absolutely love it.  I love to pray for them, laugh with them, guide them. I love it when they pray for me and when we become friends, as an adult to young adult.  There are some days though that are deep and emotional.  Days I wonder what I am doing there.  The hardest part working is the time it takes away from my family.  Some days I am bone dead tired, more emotionally than anything.  Just because it is a christian school does not mean the kids know G*d.  In fact, I would say, most are not saved.  Not to mention there are many different cultures at our school which is very neat, but brings many challenges as well.  I love that my children go to school there and I know what is going on.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  So when school comes around each year,  we pray as to what the Lord wants for our family.  Many people we know do home school, public school and private. I never want to judge what christian families choose for themselves.  I always tell them when they ask, is to pray and see what the Lord wants for their family.  For us, we just want to do what He wants us to do.  This year, its back at private school, next year, well we will just pray about it when it comes around. My working pays for the tuition.  Not to mention this year, they will all be in school full time.  That will be the first time in many years that all our kiddos will be in a full day of school.  Next year, a whole different story, depending on whom and how many we adopt.  : )  

Update on my weight loss.  I have stalled for the last 3 weeks.  I have realized I was under eating.  Yah, sounds funny, huh?  I was originally told I needed to eat 1200 calories a day. Then working our I would burn 200 calories, at least.  Making me have 1000 calories a day for my body to work on, usually less.  The weight loss worked for awhile, but then it stalled.  I was not feeding my body enough.  My body burns 1450 just being alive.  That is if I was in a coma and not doing anything, I would need that many calories to sustain myself.  That is my BMR.  I have have up'd my calories slowly to around 1500-1600 and will eat back half my workout calories on top of the 1500-1600 (TDEE-20%).  I have not gained any weight from doing this, but have not lost any either.   I have heard it can take 6 weeks for your body to get back to where it should be.  Hoping this works.  I have also been doing body revolution.  I am going to start weeks 3 and 4 tomorrow.  I am also doing a little zumba.  I really believe I could loose as many calories as I am burning if I could sit on the couch laughing as I watch myself attempt to do some of these moves.  But it is a good workout.  lol.  I am planning on have Wyatt drive everyone to school and I will stay home and workout, then be at school at 10 to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP