"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

LOI for our girl... Is Mt Everest still in the Himalayas?

God has moved a mountain and we are so humbled and elated.  I fell this girl on another agencies website.  This is a big christian agency with 13 orphanage partnerships.  This girl was not an orphanage partnership child.  She was pulled from the shared list to be advocated by this agency.  If she was a partnership file then agencies usually never release because their agency went to the orphanage and invested in it by getting the children files ready.   With shared list children they are available to all agencies, the agency sees the child and pulls it to advocate for him/her.  I really would rather call it the greedy/frenzied list.  There were 5 girls we were potentially interested as they told us at the beginning this little girl had a family sending in letter of intent (LOI) for her.  That is where they tell China they want to adopt her.  We had the other girls file reviewed by a doctor and felt comfortable with two of them. We ask this agency if they would release one of them as we would 100% send on LOI them and they could be home this summer, instead of a year for a family just starting out.  They wouldn't budge.  I explained we are a conservative christian family, sent in our testimonies, our homestudy, showed them we were serious.  Nope.  They wanted her in their agency.  I understand not sharing a partnership file as they have invested in them financially and in the orphanage.  This girl was not.  She was supposed to be shared for all agencies.  I wrote them and wondered how if they care about the child how is is best for her to stay a year in an orphanage when she could be home this summer?  I really dont believe this agency cared about these kids.  They cared about the money from these adoptions.  This went back and forth for about 1.5 months.  At one time they said no and I did not contact them again, but they contacted me.  The workers were so nice, but it didnt matter as the policy and higher ups in this agency made the decisions.  "No" to our family.  This is really a condensed version of what happened.  In the mean time our agency worked so extremely hard to find us a daughter.  They just all had way more needs than we could handle right now.  This brought me to my knees many times.  It is so hard to say no to a child that needs a family, but we had to do what is best for our family and marriage.  Now I know it was all leading up to get our daughter.  When it was all said and done and we were told no, I wrote this letter to the agency.  I just poured my heart out once again. We poured our hearts out for 2 girls, one our daughter who had been sitting months on their site, being told no, over and over....

Dear *****, 
 My husband and I wrote this letter and please see my heart in it.  I am NOT in any way shape or form upset or mad at ***** or *****.  I just think a policy with ***** is flawed and would ask that you please pray about this and review it.  I am NOT expecting anything on our case as the decision was made and my husband and I wholly trust God to know what is best.  I just dont think it is in the best interest of these two little girls.  That is why I am writing you.  I am writing for the next _____and ______.  These are shared list girls, not partnership files.  There is no need to contact me unless you so desire.  Like I said earlier, my intention is not to change **** mind, but to see this issue from a 2-3 year olds eyes and telling them another year in an orphanage is better than coming home this summer....  That is why I think this policy may be flawed.  I would totally understand if we were not a solid christian family, but we are.  I hope my letter makes sense.  


   We are a fellow believing solid Christian family who could have had a little girl that hardly anyone was asking about (_____) home in July aprox.  We could have had _____ who families keep saying no to, home in July.  *** chose to keep them on their list and not share so that a *** family could choose them.  Im sure they will get chosen, they are girls with potentially minor needs.  But **** could have shared this “shared list” child and let her home in just a few months.  You tell me what is in the best interest of this little girl??  Is it really better for her to be matched with a family just starting out and wait another year in an orphanage because they are a ***family?  Is that really better?  I cant wrap my head around it. I am not asking you to change your mind.  You have made your decision.  ****** is responsible to the Lord for their decisions, just as I am.  I honestly just don’t see if this is truly about the children, not the dollar, how this is best. I have no issue with **** or *****, they were both professional and nice.  Just don’t understand the policy where a kids best interest is not put first.     It doesn’t matter now. Decision is made.  I am just asking for the future ____ and ______. 
Thank you for your time, Torey and Jenne


Now this is just an issue with this agency.  This is with a lot of agencies.  I hold my ground and do not think it is in the best interest of a child to be left on a list for months with one agency when another family is 100% willing to send in LOI for a child that was pulled from the shared list.  

On April 3rd our agency was watching the shared list at the same time that the cccwa was pulling children from agencies that had been keeping files for over 3 months. Any agency could have seen her file, but wacap was watching and locked our daughters file that was pulled from this agency.  She could have been locked by someone else, but she wasnt. God knew.  Even if an agency that says no to us, God can move mountains to get the girl into our family!  This all sounds like it was not a big deal, but let me tell you, for all this to happen, it was only God.  We sent letter of intent on April 4th and are so completely happy!  I will share more as we get approval from China!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP