"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do you run an organization? Um, no.......

 “Children are our most valuable natural resource." Herbert Hoover

Question asked to me this week. “Do you run an organization?” That question threw me this time. I am used to all the normal questions and comments. Are they yours? Wow? You must be a stay at home mom. Why? Better you than me. Are they related? You are busy. That last questions is true. I am busy. At times I wish I wasn’t so busy, but I also love busyness. But the question wondering if we were an organization was like the question we got asked wondering if we ran an orphanage. Are big families unheard of anymore? We walked into the Chinese food joint after a doctor’s appointment 2 weeks ago and said we needed a table for 9. It was only my DH, me and Charis at first. The others were coming with Tasja. The lady up front says “wow, big party today?”. No, really, no big party, just my children. The bible says in
Psalm127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Do we not believe this anymore? Since when was having children turned into a circus show? I understand some questions. But really people, an organization?
I am not saying all families should be big. Actually, quite the contrary. You have to be able to be organized, enjoy busyness, love craziness and be a kind of “go with the flow” type person, in my opinion. It’s not for everyone. and if you ar enot going to spend time with them, why have them? If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
If it belongs in heaven, isn’t that a good thing?
I love being a mom. Love being a big family. I usually, I just laugh all the questions off. I realize we are a walking testimony where ever we go. We cannot, not draw attention to ourselves. But it has started to bother one of my children. That means I need to think about this through. To go to the scripture and pray with him. It is who we are as a family and it’s not going to change. How have you dealt with this issue? I would love to hear.


“The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing. But our culture applies for curses and rejects blessings.” ~ Doug Phillips






No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP