Here is what we started with, dark paneling.
and now.......
We also bought this table and chairs off Craigslist for $150.00. It also has another leaf to make it fit more people. We are going to sell our old table and believe we should be able to get at least $150.00 for it, making it an even swap, costing us nothing. We kept our bench for the one side of the table. It gives us a lot more room and is just a better fit for our family. I did see a pottery barn farm table on craigslist that i had fallen in love with, but it cost $400.00 without chairs (which I know is a good price, as it looked brand new) but we just cant do that.
We changed all the electrical and light switches out from the 70's cream color to bright white. We are going to take the excess chain from the ceiling light and move it over so that it is above the table. The tall people are tired of hitting their heads on it.
The wall cut out. I would really like to build a bar all the way across this area and buy a few more stools like this one from DH mom and that way if we have company, the kids could sit on the stools and eat. I am not thinking it would take to much space, but it is something we have talked about. And please, dont love our floors too much : ) Our dream is to add hardwoods someday, but it all takes time and money.
The view from the kitchen.
I am so pleased with how this has turned out and am grateful for a DH who is willing to help update our 70's home. Coming soon..... our stair makeover.




No comments:
Post a Comment