"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, March 1, 2012

Phoebes broken arm.

When Phoebe fell off the stool, I knew instantly it was not okay.  I could feel the bone sticking out.  It wasnt through the skin, but was not as it should be.  They put it in a cast for 4.5 weeks and a half cast for 2.5 weeks. Here it is in pictures.

Showing the breaks from a couple of angles.



The breaks from the outside.



The picture below is after 4 weeks

                 
                                             
                                                This shows the healing in the horizontal break. Left side the break is lighter and healed more.



This is almost 7 weeks of being in a full cast or half cast.  She is just now after months able to straighten her arm and the arm still is not 100%.  They said it will take at least 6-8 months because of the severity.  The bone has calcium build up and does not feel the same as the other arm.  They said that should go away with time and absorb into her body.  She is trying to straigthen her arm as far as she can and between the break and her elbow joint not being able to move around much, it will only straighten this much. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP