"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Birthday, birthday and birthday




                                                                Torey, Greg and Papa

      My Dad turned 60, Torey turned 40 and our friend Greg turned 49, but we teased him that he was 50, because it just seemed natural that way 40,50, 60.  He laughed.  It was a nice casual time.  As Torey and I were sitting in the back yard before the people came, the amount of gratitude and guilt I felt was tough.  Such gratitude to live in this beautiful property, passed down from generations.  It was just so peaceful.  And then I felt guilt.  How come we get to live her and there are so many people dying around the world?  Why do I get to sit with my husband and watch my children play and not worry where their next meal was coming from? Honestly, sometimes its hard for me to swallow.  To much is given, much will be required is what the bible says.  Are we doing enough? Am I doing everything I am called to do?  Is my heart breaking for what breaks His?  We were talking with my Mom about this certain person which I will not want to name as I dont want to seem like I am better than them, as that is absolutely not my intention.  They were talking about how they were going to retire and bring in a very healthy some of money, but still were not sure about having enough.  This was way over what we bring home with 7 kids.  I must have gave a confused look.  My mom said that they were buying all sorts of items, guns, couches, new car and such.  They like to spend.  As Torey and I were laying in bed that night I said, I never, ever want to be like that.  Ever.  I know spending money is okay and some items are needed.  I get it.  But really.  I literally prayed that the Lord would take me home if that became my lifestyle.  I do not want to stand before Him ashamed of how I have treated the gifts He has given me in this life.  Torey agreed.  

The birthday was nice.  My Dad seems to be doing much better after his bulldozer accident, although at times I can see some brain injury traits.  But that's okay and he is getting better.  It was nice to have them over as the have been in a different town about 1.5 hrs away, since my dad quit his job.  They do still live in the barn now and then.  My Mom got a job cooking at a retirement home.  Its the first time she has worked full time since quite a long time ago.  She used to work as a outdoor school cook for 6 weeks at a time, but they needed the health insurance for my Dad.  Its rough on her, but she is one tough cookie.  I think that comes from my Grandpa Heinige.  

Michelle (Gregs wife), Bill and Angel


Rob and Brooke



My brother and his wife. 



Torey and Papa

Grandpa Steve and Grandma

Wyatt and Reilly (my brothers boy). They are 6 weeks apart.

Playing basketball with Papa



Thought this pic was funny.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP