"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Friday, July 20, 2012

Removing the dining room wall and painting the living room

I painted the living room walls.  Although I really liked the colors, it honestly was dreary.  We live in a part of America where it rains A.L.O.T.  and when I would look outside it seemed to be the same color.  I wanted to lighten up the look and went with Benjamin Moore decorators white (actually its behr paint/primer in one knock-off) and then antique white on the walls.  I really like how it looks.  

This is what chaos looks like: )   Actually we had to move everything in here when we were removing the floor as I was trying to paint. Ugg.  You can see in the corner where I had to stop painting because of all the furniture.  It is now finished.  Cant wait to show you.  

Notice the new paint in the living room.


Then we decided to take down this wall.  Actually, I really wanted it removed.  I love the more open concept and boy, it does look better.  It did require a friend of ours named Erik to fix the wiring.  


Notice the header is gone, also. 

Erik fixing the wiring.  

All fixed.  : )   I really like it and it opens it up a lot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP