Been thinking of this verse lately.
“And yet I will show you the most excellent way.
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love,
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.” 1 Corinthians 12:31 – 13:1
Is my life mirroring this? I am a dean of girls at a small private school, so when there are dress code issues, I have to address them. If there are attitude issue, I deal with them. Prayer request and I pray with them. If all I did was discipline high school girls they would have disdain for me. I would come across as mean and uncaring. Instead, if I can build a relationships with them, then they know I care and am not just there to get them in trouble. If I show that I am not afraid to say I am sorry when I make mistakes, its shows grace. When I share my story of being a young unmarried mom who shows Christ beauty through the ashes, it shows I am real and Christ can take anything and use it for His glory.
The best thing about this, is I love doing this. These kids are so amazing. Yes, sometimes they are noisy and sometimes they are a little crazy, and sometimes it wears me out but I enjoy my job so much.
Here are a few pictures from my phone that they have photo bombed me with. : )







No comments:
Post a Comment