"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Update on our adoption

Our social worker has the home study done!  Yippeee!  AAC will now check it to make sure it is okay, then send our I-800A off.  AAC has had a lot of flooding going on, so I have not heard much from them.  Hopefully that will stop, they will be safe and we can get this all taken care of. Our agency also does all the authenticating of our dossier.  That will been nice but also tough as I am the kind of person that wants to make sure everything is done correctly and promptly.  Its not in my hands though, it's in His. Would love to be DTC soon and get our referrals or referral.

Been thinking of this lately..

We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. We are not destined to happiness, nor to health, but to holiness. Today we have far too many desires and interests, and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them. Many of them may be right, noble, and good, and may later be fulfilled, but in the meantime God must cause their importance to us to decrease. The only thing that truly matters is whether a person will accept the God who will make him holy. At all costs, a person must have the right relationship with God. ~Oswald Chambers~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP