This girl opened our eyes to China. The Lord spoke to my heart one day so deep telling me that she was our daughter. I was in prayer with Him in the shower (one of the few places I have my quiet time with Him) when He laid it on my heart so heavy. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I prayed about it for a few days before I mentioned it to Torey. One thing (among many) that I love about my man, is he always seeks Gods will. He prayed about it and said we must pursue this girl then. She came home at what was supposed to be two years old, but we knew it wasnt correct, as with our doctors and we change her birth date to a year older. Not to mention, she was found before she was born on her adoption papers. Tricky : ) I am so glad we did this. I believe we are quite close to her actual birth date.
The picture in the yellow was one of the first pictures we saw of her. The second was her update picture. The third was right after she came home. She was supposed to be 2 years old here. But we changed her birth date to 3 years old. Her hair was so thin and brittle. It would just break at the touch. The forth picture she has her helping hand on. She loved it for about 2 years, then decide she didnt want to wear it. Words to describe Charis are... slow to warm up, confident, crafty, silly, can be loud (which no one would realize unless they were good friends), very sensitive when in trouble, easy to cry, motherly, natural sports ability and tender. She played volleyball this year and amazed everyone with her abilities to play. We talked to a mom who is missing her arm just like Charis and she gave us pointers to playing. It was so helpful!! She told her how to serve by dropping the ball then hitting it. Worked for her 85% of the time and this is her first year playing! She also told us to put baby powder on her legs if she needs to get her knee pads up. So thankful for those who are willing to share about themselves.



No comments:
Post a Comment