"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Molly Mei glaucoma appointments

We have had two appointments with the glaucoma specialist concerning Molly Meis eye.  The first appointment was supposed to last 2 hours but lasted 4 hours.  Lots of pictures and dilating of her eyes.  The second appointment was called a curve and it last from 7:30am-4:30 pm. Here they did drops in her eyes, first the magic drops (so the next drops would not sting), then the drops to check the pressure in her eyes.  Then she had to hold still why they checked the pressure.  Her pressures were one time at 17 in one eye, but mainly between 19-22. I dont think that is a good sign but do not know yet as we are waiting for the specialist to all us back with the results.  Best case scenarios is we are seen by her every 3 months for 2 years.  That is if her pressures were low.  1-20 is normal.  Above that is not.  They did many different test on her, one of them she had to hold her eye completely still for 6 seconds.  If anyone knows our MM (as we have been known to call her), she has a very hard time holding any part of her body still.  This may seem like not a big deal but it was so hard.  She got one eye done and we tried many more times, but it wasn't happening.  At this point in time, she had one silent tear coming down her cheek.  I about lost it.  This girl is my hero.  She is so brave and been through so much.  Turning blue from asthma attacks, bone graft surgeries, eye surgeries for strabismis (2 separate times) plus many more cleft/ear surgeries she has had and all without complaint.  She didn't throw a fit, she didn't cry out loud, just one silent tear.  If only I could be so brave.  I'm crying writing this.  Ugh.  The doctor asked me why we adopted.  She is from Europe somewhere and she couldn't wrap her mind why we would adopt, let alone a child with medical issues.  I tried to explain to her that my husband and I love our family and I find no higher calling than to be a wife and and mom.  She asked how many children we had.  When I told her she said she couldn't control the 2 children she had.  She just shook her head in disbelief.  I couldn't love my children any more than if I had birthed them.  I would instantly die for anyone of them.  My love is so deep.  I would appreciate any prayers for the results and outcome of this glaucoma.  It is called juvenile onset glaucoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP