"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, January 16, 2014

Waiting...

Having adopted before we know that it is a waiting game.  Patience.  Waiting for your home study.  Waiting for your 800a.  Waiting for your dossier to get authenticated.  Wait for DTC (dossier to China). Wait for your LID (log in date).  Right now we are in the wait for WACAP to get everything together to be officially transferred.  I have found for this wait, I am peace.  We really feel the decision to switch agencies was for the best, on many issues.  That brings peace.  The little guy we have sent in our LOI (letter of intent) for is so stinking cute.  I can not wait to share. : )  It seems families that send in a LOI soon after being LID wait the longest to for LOA (letter of acceptance) meaning China gives the official yes and this child is yours.  Even though we have a LID of 1-2-14, we will have to get a new one with WACAP.  We are not sure how this will effect our timeline.  The one thing I know, is that it is all in Gods hands and for that I am so grateful.  I have been reading through 1 John every day.  Just so I can glean everything I can out of it.  It has so many messages in it.  This passage is something Torey and I talk about a lot. 

Do Not Love the World

15 Do not love the world or anything in it. If you love the world, love for the Father is not in you.
16 Here is what people who belong to this world do. They try to satisfy what their sinful natures want to do. They long for what their sinful eyes look at. They brag about what they have and what they do. All of this comes from the world. It doesn’t come from the Father.
17 The world and its evil longings are passing away. But those who do what God wants them to do live forever.

There are so many things we could do with the money we have used to adopt our children. New cars, vacations, re-do our outdated bathroom (love the blue toilet, sinks and tub!), and so many other things.  And not that any of those are bad.  We have just choose to adopt.  Most likely this will be our last time and we have both said that.  There is nothing like adding to your family a child by adoption.  Sometimes it goes smooth, sometimes it takes a while to adjust and bond.  But when you see these kids grow up, make good choices, make a decision to have a relationship with the Lord, it just makes a parents heart beam.   Having a big family is not always easy.  Some days we are plum tuckered out, but it all so worth it.  Every kiss, every hug, every tear, so worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP