"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hit the ground running.....



That's what I feel like since I got back from China.  I like it, but whoa nelly, I am so thankful for this veteran's day to rest and because I am so very grateful for those men and woman and there families who sacrifice for us.  I got a little point and shoot camera, so now there will be pictures again.  Yipppeeee!  To update you since our last post, Molly Mei needed glasses.  The two eye surgeries she did have worked great, but her eyes still need these glasses.  Torey took her to the eye specialist that day because I was taking Charis to the Dr. appointment for her autoimmune issues.  Torey meant me at Charis Dr as he wanted to hear as much as he could about what was going on.  He told me when he got there that Molly Mei needed glasses.  I had quite a few thoughts swirling in my head after he said that, number one thought was "oh my, he just picked out glasses for Molly Mei".  : )  I think he read my mind and said "don't worry Jenne, because she has no bridge on her nose, we only had two choices, pink or blue and I choose pink!".  Job well done.  I picked them up yesterday.  They are so cute and look like Mr Potato head glasses.  People are asking if they are real or a toy.  They are made of rubber.  I love them.  Molly mei is doing fine with them and does not mind wearing them. 
Charis had her appointment and we are still trying to figure what in the world is going on with her poor body.  I want to figure it out.  It is so hard to see your child change who they are because of the pain they are in and the issues they face and we just don't know why.  We did have some more blood drawn again.  The nurse called me and said there are some major issues going on in her blood.  Her Dr. though is out until Monday and so they cant give me more information until then.  She did say they have quite a few drs. reviewing it and she did give me some specifics.  I think I am grateful that we might be cracking her case, but we would appreciate prayers for wisdom with the results. 
We had to get another rig.  We had an 05 Pilot and it was just not big enough for our family.  We live a half hour from town and we either had to double buckle two sets of kids or drive separate.  (I babysit 2 kids also).  We ended up trading it in for a 01 excursion with low miles.  It is cheaper than our pilot which is good, because we will need it for gas.  We thought of a 12 passenger van, but we live on a mountain, which gets ice and snow.  I had to have 4 wheel drive or at least all wheel drive.  The excursion will safely seat 11 people and is 4 wheel drive.  We are going to get one of these to put in the back http://littleseats.com/ford_excursion.htm.  It was important to me that it It meets federal safety standards
Tomorrow we get to go to Holt International and meet Emmets foster Mom.  She is flying in from S. Korea.  If you remember, we tried to meet her in our short stay in Seoul, but she was not able to meet.  Emmet had been praying so hard to meet her.  Well, when we were in China, Holt called and said she was coming to the USA and would you like to meet her.  God answered our prayers.  I am so happy that he will have this opportunity. 
Thats is pretty well all for now.  I will tell you about Zekes Dr. appointment another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP