"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cleft and missing arms

Molly Mei went to the dentist yesterday.  She had to have a tooth pulled and cavity filled.  I wish I would have taken a before picture, but I didn't.  Because she has cleft she has a tooth that grew completely sideways and it was growing into another tooth and caused a cavity.  We saw Dr. Kuang (cleft doctor at shriners) and she and everyone else said not to pull her tooth unless absolutely necessary.  If you do, the adult tooth will not grow in as the roots for the adult tooth will be absorb and disappear.  But we had no choice.  Our dentist is a cleft dentist and knew this information all ready, but since this tooth was growing inside the other causing a nerve to be exposed, there was not a choice.  It had been bothering her for months.  I told my DH he had to take her.  I couldn't do it.  I had taken Emmet once to the dentist when he was younger and they straight jacketed him and made me stay out of the room.  I will NEVER, EVER stay out of the room again.  EVER! He screamed for me the whole time.  We had been working on attachment and oh, it was awful. We do not go to that dentist any more.   I knew they would straight jacket Molly Mei to keep her still during the procedure.  DH stayed right by her side to reassure.  She still cried hard the entire time.  Too much for my mommy heart to take. They couldn't gas her as she wouldn't breathe threw her nose enough to absorb it. : ( We have to go back in the 6th to have the cavity filled as she was bleeding too much.  This is what her mouth looks like now.  When we saw Dr. Kuang last week she said she thought Molly Mei would have to have one more cleft surgery.  She has said this since her last surgery.  To date MMei has had 5 surgeries in the USA and 1 in China.  We are going to have her scoped for airway constriction in June to see how her palate is functioning.  I again am not sure I want to be at this appointment.  Then we will decide for sure whether she needs another surgery this soon. 


Oh, the extra tooth is Emmets that he lost.  Charis also lost one this week.  The tooth fairy needs a break.  Good thing she only gives .50 cents a tooth.



Zeke has had some falls lately.  The thing I have noticed different between him and Charis' is that Charis can protect herself more with her arm. Zeke's arm is not as strong and cant support him when he falls as well.  So all his falls end up going to his head.  He fell down the stairs last week.  Almost gave me a heart attack.  He has his pre-op appointment today as he will have surgery the 27th to have his anodes and tonsils out.  His tonsils are huge and causing him sleep issues.  Look at these babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP