"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Saturday, May 28, 2011

A very busy week & surgery.

This was the last full week of school and my last week of work. (besides a little misc. that I need to do).  Zeke had surgery Friday.  He had his tonsils and adenoids out.  He came out of surgery as well as any of our kids have ever done.  It was so nice.  He did have low blood pressure and a hard time coming to, but very little puking and discomfort.  He is such a champ. He ate one Popsicle at the hospital and two on the way home. He had sticky rice for dinner-yes that night and had oatmeal and jello for breakfast today.  It absolutely amazes me.  I mean really, they cut out part of the back of his throat and he's easting?  Wow.  I did have one concern when I was leaving.  They had a Asian CNA wheel him out and he had to stay with her while I ran and grabbed my rig.  I wasn't sure how he would react as he really does not prefer Chinese people right now.  But this gal was Korean and she really didn't interact with him.  I could see the concern on his face as I told him I had to get the truck and I would be right back.  Mommy was coming back.  I must have said it 10 times, then I said a quick prayer and sprinted to my rig.  When I got back, he was OK and I could see the relief on his face.  I think it helped that he was still doped up from the surgery as he had only been out of surgery maybe 2 or 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP