Wyatt graduated 8th grade today. So proud of this boy. He truly loves the Lord and reads his bible every day. Yes, he gets great grades, but that's not whats important to us. Grades come after loving and serving the Lord. A hard work ethic usually follows, bringing good grades. I think I am going weird because after I heard this I prayed I never would become like this. I was listening to our christian radio station and a lady called and bragged on her daughter. She just got accepted to Stanford college. People "ooohed" and "ahhed". Then the DJ asked her to describe her daughter. The mom went on to say she was really smart, pretty and had a great heart. My heart sunk. Smart, pretty and a great heart. None off these will get you to heaven. I think of Jeremiah 9:23-24 23
Thus says the LORD:
“ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD.
This is what we want for our children. Not a child going to Stanford or Yale. Sure if the Lord sends them there, then ok. But more than anything, I want them having real, personal relationship with Christ.
His cousin who is only 6 weeks older.






No comments:
Post a Comment