"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Phoebes concussion and possible broken nose

Who knew the three legged race could be so traumatic?  Phoebe and her best friend were doing the three legged race and were going around the corner to get the pin in AWANA and boom, down they went.  We were sitting in church and heard some kids crying.  I turned thinking maybe it sounded like mine, the youth pastor behind us said yes, it was.  I lipped "mine" and he said he was just joking.  I turned around and we started to pray as it was during prayer.  I heard footsteps and looked up and they were coming for me. I think he jinked us. : )  Anyways, it was Pheebes.  She was bleeding out her nose everywhere.  Her friend was bleeding by her teeth.  Once we got them cleaned up, I got a look at her nose and it looked like Rudolph.  We iced it and I stayed with her the rest of the night.  Once home, she seemed okay besides a bad headache.  But it the morning her head hurt still and she was nauseated.  Kept her with me at work and then to the doctor. He wanted us to keep an eye on her and thought her nose is most likely broken, but to find out would be more hurtful than its worth as they would not do anything for it.  Went home and she was still experiencing nausea now and then, but wasn't actually puking.  On Friday I called the doctor again, because she also had some memory loss.  They wanted to do a CT stat.  But at this time I was at an on-call appointment for over two hours with Emmet because I thought maybe he had a abscessed tooth.  He is prone to these and had been complaining on this tooth hurting this week.  I knew he had his cavity taken care and as far as I knew, didn't have anymore, but also know that he gets them quick. Over Christmas we had to go to the ER once because he had an abscessed tooth.  I didn't want to do that over the weekend.  Somehow I had to get Phoebe who was at Grandmas resting to the CT scan within 45 minutes and stay with Emmet so he could get his tooth checked.  I called Tasja and asked her if she could meet me at the hospital with Phoebe and then take Emmet back to his on call appointment and she had to do it now.  She was able.  Torey was gone hunting.  We got it done.  Four hours later we learned that Emmet did not have a bad tooth but a molar coming in.  I laughed.  Really?!  I waited 4 hours to hear that?  Only us.   I was glad that is wasn't a bad tooth, but .......   Phoebes CT Scan came back with no brain bleed, but she does have a whopper of a concussion.  She is still experiencing headaches, tummy aches and she cant remember some of her pokemons.  Hopefully this will subside soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP