Sunday, October 16, 2011
Wyatt
I am going to be going through each one of kiddos, as a way to remember what they were like in 2011. Going to start with the boys.
Wyatt is our oldest boy, 14 years old. An absolutely joy to have for a son. Raising a son is so different than raising a daughter. It cracks me up when Torey will laugh at a situation and Wyatt will instantly understand get it. Father and son are so much alike. For instance, Tasja said she would love to watch the sunrise at the beach. Wyatt and Torey just looked at each other and laughed. We live on the west coast, the sun doesnt rise here. Wyatt enjoys hunting and cant wait for hunting season. But I would say his greatest past time is basketball. This boy eats and breathes basketball. He played soccer just to get in shape for basketball. Although he enjoyed soccer and played forward, its not his favorite. I would much rather watch basketball also, inside, not in the wet rain. And oh my, wet soccer clothes stink so bad! Brother Gabe, his bible teachers loves to have him in bible class (school) and sunday school. He is one of the few young men who actually read the bible and is not afraid to ask questions. Wyatts passion for Gods word is something that makes my heart melt. This has been Toreys and mine greatest prayer is that our children will love the Lord with their whole heart and strive to know Him better. Not a luke warm faith that is so prevalent today. In fact, Wyatt has made a strong commitment to himself to learn as much as he can about the m*slim community as we know that is a religion that will just grow and grow. We have purchased many books on it, such as Gods war on terror (shoebat) and peril of isl*m (Gurganus), plus many more. All recommended by Dave Kistler evangelist. Doodling is also a he will spend time doing as well as playing the x-box. He has also played the viola for 5 ( I think) years now. I do love to listen to him play. I am excited to see what God has in store for him. And if I didnt have such a strong faith in our Lord, a little scared in this day in age and the age to come. I do think it is going to be harder for the next generation to be strong in their faith and I would be lying to say if that doesn't make this mamas heart shiver a tad bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment