"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Monday, April 15, 2013

Emmet

Oh our Emmet.   Our first adoption.  He opened our eyes to a another world, another country.  He was our the one that taught us so much about adoption.  Things are Social Worker (SW) never even uttered.  You have taught me so much that it blows me away sometimes.  You have taught me about trust and vulnerability.   Adoption was not something we knew a lot about in 2001.  We had decided to use Holt International because of Bertha and Harry Holt.  There love for the fatherless and their faith was something I admired.  We did learn the hard way that does not mean the employees of today believe they way they did.  Our SW was not a christian and believed contrary to what we did on quite a few points.  But we survived and every moment with her was worth it for our sweet boy.  Each day with you is a new experience and adventure.  Mostly good, but sometimes not so much.  Your Dad and I were absolutely amazed when you gave your life to Jesus at age 5 and you were a different person.  I have seen radical changes in adults lives that have accepted Christ as their personal Savior, but never in a 5 year old.  You did.  You tested the limit every day, many times a day.  Sometimes I would cry on how naughty you were.  Then one day, everything changed.  That day and the change in you was something I will never forget.  I pray you continue to seek Him and to hold off that old nature and choose good choices.  Im not trying to make it sound like you were this ultra naughty boy, but you sure did test the limits a lot. : )  But Your Dad and I never stopped loving you and never, ever will stop.  You have grown so much lately and have been asking some really good questions about your Birth family and S Korea.  I know its been hard at you when others ask about your middle name and why its so different.  We have told you that is something to be proud of.  Never be ashamed of who you are.  I am so eternally grateful your Birth Mom choose life for you.  I pray for all the Birth moms of our kids that prayerfully they would know Jesus and you would be able to meet them someday in heaven, if you do not have the chance or desire on earth.  Its neat to see your love of the country and wanting to learn about S Korea.  It was so neat that you got to see your Foster Mom and how much she and her husband loved you.  I cant believe she recognized you after 10 years and knew your name!  What a special boy you are.  And smart, boy are you smart.  Your one of those kids that only has to study  a little and you got it.  Lucky you.  I am glad math is your favorite subject as I struggled in math.  I really am proud that you were asked to be on the soccer team.  The first 5th grader to asked to play on the 6, 7 and 8th grade team.  You went out there and ran faster than a lot of eight graders!! Even when you got knocked in the head from someones elbow who was in the bigger classes, you kept going and didnt give up.   Never, ever give up!  You will go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP