"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lazy dog days of summer

The summer is almost over. That sentence makes me sad. I love summer, everything about it. The lazy dog days of summer. But alas, its over. I am getting ready for school, for the kids and me. I have the same amount of classes as last year, lunchroom and I am trying to start a new program called ASPIRE for the juniors and seniors prepping for college. I love working at the high school. I really do, but I also really enjoy being at home with the kids during the summer. I think the change of routine is hard for me, but once switched, all is well. We are waiting for TA. I am praying it comes next week and we can travel soon, but it is not up to me. I am thinking I will travel the end of September or Oct 7 (after the national holiday). Whenever the Lord sees fit, is fine with me. I do think it would be fun to be in China for the mid-autumn moon festival. I havnt updated about the kids in a while. T. is starting school again to be a LPN. Then she will be taking a bridge program from LPN to RN. She really wants to use this for ministry. Maybe go back to the Philippians and join forces with the family that started and orphanage over there and then start her own. She’s really not sure, but somewhere, somehow serving the Lord.


W. is 13 now and in soccer practice. We told him only 2 sports this year and he choose soccer and basketball. It was funny, Torey was adding these fractions and trying to get the number and before he could begin to process the answer, W. had it. He is very smart in math.

E. is in 4th grade. We are praying about him coming to China with me, but we are not sure it will happen. I have sold my camera and Torey is selling his gun, but we are still short on funds for travel. Doing are part and praying. He really wants to come. I would love to have a longer layover in Seoul and leave the airport for a few hours. Let him see the place of his birth, to soak it in.

P. is in 3th grade and still loves to sing and cook. If she can be in the kitchen, that is where she wants to be. Usually with a song coming out. I am thinking the cooking may come in handy later : )

C. is in 2nd grade. She received a new prosthesis for her arm. Its very cute. She loves to take care of MM, more than cook. Oh and she loves to craft. Give her paper, crayons, glue and scissors and she will keep busy for hours. I love to see each girls personality come out. We are still keeping a diary and her health. Right now she seems fine. That is was it weird about this disease. You just never know when a issue will happen. We are praying it is nothing serious.

MM is 3 and has no concept of the brother that will be entering her life soon. They will be one month apart. She had a hearing test last week and it is typical of a cleft child. We are going to try another craniofacial team and see if they can get on top of her ears. I do not want her to lose more hearing than she already has. MM will be coming with me to school, than T will pick her up after her classes and bring her home, while she does homework. I am so blessed to be able to have this option and grateful.

Zeke is our son we are waiting for travel approval for. I cannot wait to know what kind of personality has. Will he run from me in China or just shut down? I am praying for the Lord to prepare his heart. He is in a very rural orphanage in Hunan. Only a few adoptions out of there a year. I sent him a photo album for them to explain to him, but will not know if they will actually do it.

Seeking His will for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP