"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Crazy Love challenge



This is about crazy love.  Not just love, but crazy love through Linnys (pictures above) blog called  http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/.  You can read all about it there.  If you want to read about us starting this adoption to Z, it is all right on this page http://coulditbetoday.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-new-son.html which is the June 13th post. Here are some quotes from it. 

The road to our son Yong Qi Bi has not been an easy road. I really don’t know if adoption ever is, but this time his adoption is surrounded by different circumstances than our other adoptions. I wish I could eloquently put my words down like some, but I do not have that gift. I do know that this little boy is meant to be a R. My husband and I have never prayed and fasted over an adoption like we did this time. We always pray for each adoption and they are never a willy nilly idea, but this time our prayer was followed with fasting. We earnestly sought the Lords will with all our hearts. I love the quote that says “The will of God, nothing less-nothing more”. I do not ever; I mean ever, want to do something contrary to the will of the Lord. I know that can lead to so many issues. I think most people have the sin of omission when it comes to adoption. The Lord has put it on people’s hearts to adopt, but for some excuse or another they do not go forward. Now let me say that, I know not everyone is called to adopt. I realize that, but I do think that a lot more people are called that actually go forward. I didn’t want to be on the other spectrum. I could adopt many kiddos. That’s where my heart is.




Since starting this adopting.  The actual take the step onto the water, God has been good and faithful.  We knew he would be, but did we trust him?  He is taking care of us, providing for us.  Not just for our adoption, but for our family.  The business my DH is starting is starting to make some progress.  We have not seen any profit yet, but know we will.  We are trusting him and doing our part.  We can not ask him to do his part while we sit on our bottoms and do nothing.  I have been sewing, selling many, many non necessities and doing fundraisers.  Which also brings me to this point.  We are still short the airline tickets, hotels, food and some other adoption fees due in China.  I am selling show Hope shirts.  If you would like to buy one, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.  You can read all about them on my 7-21 post here.  http://coulditbetoday.blogspot.com/2010/07/show-hope-shirts.html





I am also having a fundraiser selling these beautiful adoption (and some not adoption related) hand stamped jewelry by Hip Mom jewelry. You can read about it on my 8-11 post here http://coulditbetoday.blogspot.com/2010/08/beautiful-jewelry.html . 








 We also have a hundred wished quilt on the side that you could be a part of without having to buy anything.  You just need to click it. 
Also, more than anything if you feel led, please pray for our family.  Pray that we seek His will, not just our will.  Pray that we are parents that will teach their children to love Him with all their hearts.  Not an artificial love that so many have but a love that is willing to give it all to serve our Lord.  That is our prayer. Thanks from the R family.

This picture is missing our oldest daughter- need to get an updated pic. : )

1 comment:

  1. awww, you are doing a fundraiser through Ann's jewelry site too...I hope God blesses your socks off and surpasses your expectations!! We too are walking in faith and some days the doubts are big and real but our God is bigger!!! Big hugs to you!!
    Holly from Purpose Driven Family

    ReplyDelete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP