The road to our son Yong Qi Bi has not been an easy road. I really don’t know if adoption ever is, but this time his adoption is surrounded by different circumstances than our other adoptions. I wish I could eloquently put my words down like some, but I do not have that gift. I do know that this little boy is meant to be a R. My husband and I have never prayed and fasted over an adoption like we did this time. We always pray for each adoption and they are never a willy nilly idea, but this time our prayer was followed with fasting. We earnestly sought the Lords will with all our hearts. I love the quote that says “The will of God, nothing less-nothing more”. I do not ever; I mean ever, want to do something contrary to the will of the Lord. I know that can lead to so many issues. I think most people have the sin of omission when it comes to adoption. The Lord has put it on people’s hearts to adopt, but for some excuse or another they do not go forward. Now let me say that, I know not everyone is called to adopt. I realize that, but I do think that a lot more people are called that actually go forward. I didn’t want to be on the other spectrum. I could adopt many kiddos. That’s where my heart is. I have seen with my owns eyes a child laying in their own pee, on a piece of plywood wearing nothing but a cloth diaper held by a rope. In face we adopted one of those children. I absolutely love being a mom. I love every booger filled, slobbery kiss, surgery, graduation, meal-fixen, laundry doing day. Ok, totally honest, sometimes it’s not all roses, but Gods grace gets me through every single day and for the most part, I love it. With this adoption we have not announced to the public, our church or family yet. In fact there are only a handful that know right now. It’s not that we are ashamed. It’s not that we are questioning our decision.
My husband is just starting a business. He had lost his job (not of any fault his own) which is a very long story that some know. It was a hard time for us, but God has got us through. In fact, I know that the Lord knew it all was going to happen and T. would have never started his one business if he had continued working where he was. He has always wanted to start his own business. Every since we were married, he has talked about it and he has a hard work ethic and the smarts to do it. But why leave a decent paying job with benefits to start your own business? Sometimes it circumstances that lead the road you take and we believe the Lord leads all our circumstances. All things work together for good to those who love God and all called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28. So, back to the reason we have not told a lot of people….. We did not want to hear the “oh”, “ok” or “your what?” We received that when we adopted M. In fact last time we had one upset relative call another and they wanted then to tell us to stop! They said we couldn’t afford it. This is honestly quite interesting because he is now filing bankruptcy. Our kids do not wear designer clothes, drive beamers, but they are definitely not lacking in anything. Some days are tighter financially than others, but whose aren’t? We believe if the Lord leads you to something, He will provide the way. We believe this with all our being. That doesn’t mean we can sit on our bottoms and not work hard to reach the goal He has set before us. Which leads me to this post. One to announce our son Thatcher and the other show you what I am making to sell to help pay the fees to get him home. If this offends you, I am sorry. It seems now days, its taboo to mention God or fund raise and if that’s the case for you, then just quietly leave the blog and have a nice day. If not, please look at our handsome son and see if there is something that may tickle your fancy. Please note that all these items are made by me. They are made with love and new materials that have been pre-washed. Not one of the items are perfect, making them each unique. I am not a professional seamstress, I just love to sew and make things, have been doing it for years and couldn’t think of a better way to help bring him home. The dresses can be layered or worn alone. Material for these 2 dress is the Michael Miller fabric!!! Thanks T and J.
Size 3 reversible dress with scarf
opposite side
$35.00 for size 3 reversible dress/scarf plus actual shipping
Size 5 reversible dress with scarf (is small on C, but wanted to actually show it on someone)
opposite side of dress
$35.00 for size 5 reversible dress and scarf, plus actual shipping
New Old navy 2T shirt with two homemade matching barrettes (made with no slip).
$15.00 plus actual shipping.
4T Old Navy shirt with two matching barrettes (no slip).
$15.00 plus actual shipping
Ultra soft (and will stay that way wash after wash) receiving blanket.
$25.00 plus actual shipping. Sorry I have to ask so much, but the material alone for this blanket was almost $20.00. Its suppper cute and soft.
Reversible 2T dress with two sets of barrettes for each side of the dress. Asking $36.00 plus actual shipping.




First, congratulations!!! We just adopted for the 3rd time.....I have listened to all the same things about money ect. God speaks louder!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is size 6-7...do you make the reversible dresses in that size?
Nicole
4niki@bellsouth.net
www.thedavisgangfive@blogspot.com
Congratulations on your beautiful new son. Many well meaning people don't understand this crazy adoption thing and how it feels to know God has led your famlly to a particular child. Many people also don't understand sacrifice and not having all of the latest things and clothes and cars and houses so that you can choose something else like adoption. But adoption is really God's heart and yours (and mine!) too. Best to your family as you continue this journey.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Monica
I followed your blog from LCC. Some of the things you wrote about people not agreeing with use of word God or fund raise or adopting again. I totally understand as we have had the some people say the same thing to us. Your son is precious and you clothing are beautiful. The one with the two Asian children with the parasol umbrellas is my girls theme room. I hope you are very successful with you selling things. We have done and are doing our fair share of fund raising.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and best wishes! We, too, are in the process of adopting our son. God speed...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new son! He is absolutely precious. You have a very beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteQuestion for you: Do you make the reversible dress in size 7-8? I would be willing to purchase one from you in that size to help support your adoption.
Thanks, and God bless.
Jody (from LCC)
mama to 4 (for now)
Wow - your son is very handsome - I just love boys! I also love the dresses!! Congratulations all the way around!
ReplyDeleteSOOO cute! I love these dresses!
ReplyDeleteI decided to click on just one Sunday Snapshot link after posting mine today ... and it was to your page ... oh, you just speak to my heart with your love for these children! Especially boys! (I have 3 ... although, not adopted. Boys are boys though! And so special!) And your little girls are sweet too! I pray that you will receive much support from those around you ... I am sorry that it is an uphill battle with so many that SHOULD be automatically supporting you! God is greater though! I know you are fundraiser right now too ... but I am fundraising for a special couple who live in China ... stop on over to http://blessingsahundredfold.blogspot.com/
to find encouragement for yourself and to pray for them and their journey/fundraising too
Blessings!!
I will definitely do the same for you!
Blessings to you!!
Congrats on your new son! He is so cute! Your designs are awesome. Good luck with your fundraising!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new son - he's sure a cutie!
ReplyDelete