"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dr appointments and an organized closet



Yesterday we headed out to Shriner's for M. ear exam.  It is a yeast infection that she has in her ear and Dr. Smith told us we need to do rubbing alcohol and white vinegar drops.  If the hole in her ear drum is still there, we will need to stop as it will go through to her middle ear and hurt like crazy.  He couldn't see in there because of all the yeast to see if she still had a hole.   On the way down the mountain I noticed I was low on gas. I figured I could run into town to buy gas before getting on the freeway.  As I was driving I realized I did not have my purse with me.  No purse meant no gas and not enough gas in my tank to get to Shriner's and back.  I was in a pickle.  I had gone far enough to not be able to go home.  I called my husband and told him my dilemma and he said he could drive to town to meet me on the way back from the appointment.  That was a good thought except he did not have a vehicle to seat all the kids.  When I got to the reception at Shriner's I explained my dilemma and the kind secretary gave me $5.00 to get me home.  That was so super nice of her.   I have her address and will send a thank you letter and her money back. 


 As I was waiting 1 hour and 45 minutes for my 7 minute appointment this gal walked in with an asian little girl I recognized from M. last surgery.  The girl and M. were rolled down to surgery together last time.  I have been praying for her family.  The girls Mom has been sick and at home.  I can only imagine a moms heart having to send someone else to take your child to surgery.  When the gal brought her in the waiting room, I was excited to see them.  I did not know if they were Christians or not, but I told the lady that brought the girl, that I had been praying for her family and how is the mom doing.  I do not want to give out personal information, but it was so nice to hear that they are Christians too. I gave her my blog address and just want her to know that our family will continue to pray for faith, strength and wisdom for your family.  


I did finish the boys closet.  I went to Ikea and bought some bins.  I think it will work pretty good. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP