We have always been on a strict budget. Its just how it is and it is fine with me. My wonderful Mother-in-law offered to switch houses with us in 2008. We all live on generational property. She had a 2000 square foot house with 2 people and we lived in a 1000 square foot house with 7 people. We were ecstatic to put it mildly at the opportunity. Beyond thrilled and blessed for sure. We switched our mortgage to Grandmas house and just feel like this place is home. Which it is, as this is where my husband grew up. The kitchen was closed in and dark to me, though. We did not have the money to put in new cabinets, even though it really needs it. I searched blogs and before and after pictures, found a few I liked and started working. The whole project cost us under $200.00. We removed an upper cabinet, moved the fridge where there used to be an old wood cook stove, painted the brick and cabinets. My Mom gave me new ceiling lights for my birthday. Someday, I would like to get new floors, but for now, its not a priority. When I look at my new kitchen, I just have to smile. I love it. I love this house and the opportunities that God has given our family. I cant wait for our new little guy to enjoy it too.






No comments:
Post a Comment