"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Monday, October 11, 2010

Got Zeke

I'm filling in for my wife because J can't access the blog. This a cut and paste from her.

I have Zeke now. It was very anti climatic. He is called Sheeow-yee and



is a lot bigger than Molly Mei. A 3t fits him perfect. He is very


precious. He pointed to a picture of me and the director said to say


“ma-ma” and he did. Then she did it for ba-ba. He repeated her, but he


did not recognize us. As I thought and heard about the orphanage, they


did not show him the photo album I sent. He was very quiet. Did not cry


until we were in the van driving and it was a very sad scared sobs. Then


it was over as quick as they started. I was glad to see him grieving as I


am not sure about his care. He has been on antibiotic drip in the


hospital for tonsillitis for the last 3 days. Antibiotic give you


diarrhea. He fell asleep on my lap in the hotel room as I was filling out


paperwork. When he woke up he pooped and peed on me. I promptly gave him


a bath. I am not sure he is potty trained. If I set him on the toilet he


will go, but when I ask, he will not answer. I am upset at myself for not


throwing in more pull ups. I should have know when the other family that


adopted from here said there older daughter was not potty trained. They


said Zeke and her were good friends. I found out he was left with a note.


They are going to fax a copy up to us and I should have it tomorrow. I


told them I wanted it before I left Changsha. The other family was


promised pictures and the orphanage never followed through. I am not


going to let that happen with such an important letter.



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE seeing this update! I am so excited for you my friend! NOW for some pictures...hehehe!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dying for an update :) Pray all is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jenne! Can't wait to here all about your trip...hope everyone is adjusting well in China.
    Best,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP