Good grief Charlie Brown. I am beat. Emmet was a trooper and is really beat. Oh my, I do not recommend 40 hours of travel time. Try to get a direct flight. I really think what we did could be used as a form of torture. Hunan is nothing like Guangzhou or Hangzhou. I am hoping we can find a little American type of food tomorrow. We ate at the hotel restaurant tonight and it was spendy, but at this point in time, I am OK with that.
The bed in Seoul does not have a memory foam topper like ours. Hard as a rock, but I slept ok. Emmet is not as bad to sleep with as I anticipated. I did have a cool thing happen today. I finally got the book written by Mrs Chapman of Show hope about her daughter dying. (thank you paperback book swap) I was crying like a baby on the plane from Beijing to Changsha reading it. I bit my lip and tried so hard not to cry, but it just didn’t work. Being the only white person on the plane trying to be discreet about all my tears was actually funny. The neat part was Mrs Chapman was talking about getting her daughter Maria in Hunan and said her guide was a guy named Smile. Well our guides name is Smile, but I thought “he’ was a ‘she’. When we got into Changsha, It was in fact the same Smile. I asked him if he was “tom Cruise” and had done mission impossible. (Mrs Chapmans talks about that story) I had told him he as famous and was in the book. He thought it was cool. I told him he could have the book because I had already read it and maybe he will read it and learn about Jesus. Wouldn’t that be awesome! I know Maria would be smiling. Pray he may have questions or want to learn about our God.
We do not get Zeke until 3pm tomorrow as the orphanage said they could not get him here sooner. I guess, 6 weeks does not prepare them. It does give us time to get our money exchange and pick up food and water. I miss everyone at home already. That’s not good. When I was being tortured, I mean on the plane, I told myself I am so not doing this again. It really wasn’t fun.
The pictures of the toilets are in Seoul. Isn’t the little one, not the cutest? They actually have plastic that goes around the womans toilet seat. When you are done you push a button and wah-lah, the used plastic goes somewhere and the new plastic goes around the seat. It was awesome! Emmet got to see it too. I have been bringing him with me in all the bathrooms. I am not leaving him to go into a bathroom while I am in another. Not going to happen. Well I hope this makes sense, as my brain is a tad foggy.



Welcome home!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome boy Zeke is!!
Blessings -
Cathy