Well, I had quite a bit typed out and some little boy pushed a button and wha-law. It is gone. Zeke or better known as Sheeow-yee is doing amazing. It really is as he wanted us as much as we wanted him. He is soaking up the attention and love. He will walk across the room, just to get a kiss from me. He has not yet given me one, but I know it will come in time. We had authentic Chinese food that our guide ordered. He ordered the most non-authentic Chinese food they had. It was really good. The bamboo we ate was Sheeow-yees favorite. Emmet loves the noodles. I enjoyed the beef and celery done non-spicy style. It was still quite spicy for me, though. I really never thought I would have eaten bamboo, but it was good. Looked like noodles, but a lot harder. Interesting. I don’t think I will be making it at home, but am glad to have tried it.
I am so happy to say for the first time in our Chinese adoptions, we have the original birth note for Zeke. It has his birth date, different than his date we have (because of the lunar birth year) and a name. They are not sure if it’s his Birth Moms name or the name they choose for him. Either way, we will cherish this always.
Zeke sucks his thumb to fall asleep. This is the first child we have had do this. I love to hear him jibber-jabber in Chinese. So cute.
Emmet is having a good time. I never consider how over whelming it would be for him too. I thought maybe about seeing his birth country, but not about the people in China thinking him Chinese and wondering why when they talk to him, he does not speak Chinese back. Everywhere, I mean everywhere we go this happens, elevators, store, adoption appointments, really it is everywhere. I told him to say “I don’t speak Chinese. I am Korean-American”. I think it has brought up a lot of questions in his mind. He asked me today if he is Asian, can he still be American? I explained to him that he is Korean-American and that he should be very proud of that. That he has all the same rights that I do as a white American. Just a lot of emotions going through his head. They hear that he is Korean and swoon. Almost all the love day shows here are with Korean actors. They go on and on about how wonderfully handsome they are. They were also saying how wonderful is would be to marry a Korean or white American, but not a black American. I told them that was sad as the skin color of a person does not change who they are. I never realized how cruel the Chinese people can be. I am so tired and hurt by the responses to Zeke. He is an amazing blessing.




Congratulations! What a blessing it is to have a child that is eager to be loved by his family! We had a similiar situation adopting our five year old this last May. No hitting on the head, gheesh!, but not a lot of affection. And he has turned out to be the most loving, sweet little treasure.
ReplyDeleteLove that he can go to work with you and you take the time to snuggle. Happy for your family!