"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Out of surgery


M--- is out of surgery. Dr Smith came and talked to me. He said her right ear was infected again so he sucked all the icky out and had to take the T-tube out. Her left ear is perforated from the tube which we knew that there was a chance of that happening with tubes. So he had to take the left tube out also. We will now watch and see how she does with ear infections as to whether or not she will need them put back in again this fall. As for her throat scope, everything did look okay.That means the croup is just her body being ornery and hopefully she will outgrow it in time.

Dr Kuang, said the palate revision surgery went very well. They extended her palate and fixed the muscles. This should really help with her speech. We have to be very proactive now to get her to speak correctly. Molly now has the ability (within reason) to speak correctly and the whole family will have to work at this with her. Dr Kuang wants to give her a break on surgeries for a while and let her body rest and heal. Only clear liquids for 24 hours, regular liquids for another 24 hours, then pureed foods for 4 weeks. Then we when we will have our follow up appointment and see if she can have very soft noodles and such. The planner that I am asked Dr Kuang, what was next and she told me to slow down..... I didnt mean I wanted to do it tomorrow, but I am such a planner. She said at some point in time they will have to do more, but for me just to get through this one and then we will deal with the next surgery.

I am not looking forward to her coming off the anesthesia as she is really inconsolable for hours. I feel so bad for her. At least I did not wear a while shirt like last time. I had blood and other ick all over me. The 15 year old girl in the bed next to us, is probably not going to be happy about it either.

The picture above is the suite at the hosptial : ) Notice the coke (which I dont like, but they didnt have Pepsi) and the Nestea (which I also decided is rather nasty) on the window. Think I needed some caffiene?

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a speedy recovery and healing for Molly's ears! Praise God her throat is clear and everything went well. Thank you Thank you Lord for getting them through this step!
    Your Victory Buddy
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP