"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Saturday, April 24, 2010

We are home










We are home, actually we got home yesterday afternoon. M---- has been a little clingy so I haven't got a whole lot done. She had to be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours, a regular liquid diet for another 24 hours (drinkable yogurt has been our friend) and then 4 weeks of puree foods followed by another 2 weeks of soft foods such as overcooked noodles. She is feeling pretty good today. Had a bath and that always seems to help. She is very hungry. The girls have come up with three new words to use instead of Eat, Food or Hungry. We say the "E word", "F word" and "H word". In fact when sissy came home form work this morning, C---- took her in the bedroom, shut the door and explained how important it is to use these words instead so M--- doesnt feel so bad. She is always thinking of others. I cant wait until 11am then we can give her puddings, applesauce and other foods for her to eat as she keeps signing eat. : (

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Your daughter is beautiful! My son will have a palate revision at Shriner's Portland on the 6th of May...it will be our first at Shriner's. Did it go okay overnight? How did the room sharing work out? We have had two surgeries at Doernbecher and the first time we had our own room, the second time, I insisted on leaving before nightfall. I'm a little worried...like you..my son is inconsolable when out of surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP