"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Monday, April 26, 2010

This makes me sooo sad and upset.

Florida Doctor Aborts Wrong Fetus in Twins
Monday, 12 Apr 2010 12:08 PM Article Font Size

A Florida obstetrician-gynecologist performing an operation to abort a supposedly "deformed" fetus with Down syndrome in a twin pregnancy instead killed the healthy one with a lethal injection of a chemical, according to The Miami Herald.

The Herald, relying on records obtained by Health News Florida, said Dr. Matthew J. Kachinas mixed up the twins.

The Florida Board of Medicine revoked Kachinas' license for that and a series of other pending cases last weekend, according to Health News Florida. Immediately after the hearing, the distraught physician said he intended to kill himself and was hospitalized involuntarily.

The fetal twins were at 15 weeks' gestation when the botched ``feticide'' took place, the Herald reported. The healthy fetus was a girl; the twin with anomalies — Down syndrome and a possible heart defect — was a boy.

Kachinas, who practiced in Sarasota, is one of the few OB-GYNs in Florida who accepted abortion patients in late second trimester – a highly controversial practice that is nevertheless permitted under law.

The ``selective reduction'' in the twin pregnancy is not considered a late-term procedure, Health News Florida reported.

The parents had achieved the pregnancy through in-vitro fertilization with an egg donor. They were not identified and were not at the hearing. They ended the pregnancy altogether the following week after the death of their daughter.

Read the full story at The Miami Herald.


http://www.newsmax.com/US/florida-aborts-wrong-fetus/2010/04/12/id/355459


Do people not realize that all life is precious and worth saving? I had a friend tell me that her friend aborted her unborn baby that was missing his/her arm. What does that say to my daughter? I will even go one step farther and say if we are to speak out against abortion we need to be able to adopt those children that the birthparent is not able to parent.

Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP