We were given a new computer from our neighbor. She divorced her husband and didn't want anything left that reminded her of him. So she wiped all her info. off and gave us her dell. Our family computer was a din..o..saur... Slow as molasses and a pain to use. I was taking everything of interest off the documents and found this I had written a long time of ago. Since someday I am going to have this blog made into a scrapbook for the kids, I thought I would add it. It has to be at least 10 years old.
I am from a howling East wind and Moms shirt she changed the bad word to say "Where in the Heck is our town, & state?"
I am from a old mobile home with an addition and layers upon layers of wallpaper. From the smell of made from scratch cooking to never enough money to eat out. To Dad wanting all natural and Mom eating chocolate. And coffee morning, noon and night.
I am from big fir trees and the smell of a freshly mowed lawn. From a huge garden with a bucket of weeds I'd have to pull. All without complaint, I'm sure. I am from getting up early to feed the baby calves and holding their bottles just right. To feeding the chickens for a quarter a month and not stepping on the duck poop.
I am from Great Grandma Allen and burning her eggs, to watching her eat Tontinos pizza very slow in her turquoise colored kitchen. From Grandma & Grandpa Heinige with Poco and them coming over for coffee and a smoke. From Holidays celebrated with family with black rimmed glasses and wondering if Uncle Mark would come.
I am from no anger Dad to pleased to show emotion Mom. I am from a long line of garage sellers and my best birthday was having a few dollars and finding a easy bake oven to cook on and watching my Dad eat those little cookies with pride. From Grandma Leckrons baby kittens, Grandpa Leckrons camera around his neck and winding your way through their boxes in their house.
From an old Valiant with no seat belts and an Toyota just like Grandma and Grandpa Heiniges and so glad ours was blue. To a gravel road with homemade speed bumps to keep us safe.
I am from a close church family to a church that fell apart. To camp Winema and getting saved around the campfire and going down the huge slide.
I am from German and Chec. to a hodgepodge of places, I am sure. To potato balls, waffles and ice cream and birthdays spent at the beach with girlfriends.
From kick the can with the neighbors at dusk and watching Little House on our touch button TV, that I knew was before its time. From hand me down clothes and a holly hobby comforter.
I am from fighting with my brother, to he is my hero. To riding in his mustang and hoping people new he was my brother, not date. To prayers at night, small bedrooms and wanting to sleep in Mom and Dads room with there window fan. To love that last a lifetime.







No comments:
Post a Comment