I wrote this almost years ago. A nice little reminder of why I blog and write. At the time when didnt know she had strabismus, would have 5 surgeries in the next year and a half, and would come out of a shell 2 years after I wrote this. She came home not being able to see, hear or barely eat. Of all our adoptions, I believe she would not have made it without the medical help she has received. She is now a chatter box, although most can not understand her. She is a goof ball, a wild child a free spirit. Not what her Daddy or I had envisioned her when she first came home. Sure she was opinionated and fiesty at times, but more quiet, reserved. Not any more. She lives and lives life to the fullest. In her 23 pound, almost 4 year old body, she lives.....
Molly turned 2 years old on March 12th. She is doing amazing. She has a long ways to go to catch up, but I know she is a fighter and will do it soon. We had a small birthday with just the family and her Papa and Gramme. She received a little ride on toy which she loves. I tried to find one without noise, but could not. She has to have everything soo loud as her hearing is not very good. I have learned so much about myself from Molly. It’s amazing to me.
3 months ago our lives were turned upside down.
3 months ago our family changed forever.
3 months ago, Yen Yen did not have family. She slept on a piece plywood. She was dirty. Had double ear infections, scabies, bronchitis, severe eczema. She was malnourished.
It's hard to fathom how our life has changed. It all started in December 2007 when I saw information on AAI's list about a little girl. A little girl with a repaired cleft lip and unrepaired cleft palate. As you can imagine I see many waiting children. Many pull my heart strings. I pray for them, advocate for them, but not all of them are mine. But she was.
We IMMEDIATELY started the paperwork. We sent off for pre-approval (from China ) to adopt her right away. Since I had done this whole thing before I had gotten pretty good at it! We received PA and after a long wait we received our LOA. Finally then we received our travel approval.
My son and I went across the world to China ! It was the trip of a lifetime. I love China . I love the people of China . How could I not love this country which had allowed us to adopt 2 of their beautiful children? I am so sad/mad at the circumstances that make the people of China have to abandoned there sons and daughters. But at the same time am so grateful that our family all the way on the other side of the world was allowed to adopt them as our own.
From the first moment I saw our girl I was in love. She had me wrapped around her little finger. She had me at hello. Slowly, surely a miracle happened. She started to bloom. Started to come out of her shell. It didn’t happen over night. It did not happen even in China , but it happened. Molly coming home was not a fairy tale. She hardly ate anything. I don’t think she had been fed anything before. She did know how to throw big fits. Especially out in public. Boy could she throw a fit. Scream, hit and fight. Made the Chinese look and mind, you, not a friendly look. The look like "what in the world are you doing to our daughter?!"
She has taught me how to love all over again. I am at awe of the love I have for this little girl. It did not happen over night. Not the deep, deep love I feel for her. I loved her from the start, from the moment I saw her picture, But this amazing love I feel for her now is forever. It is deep. She is our little flower. Watching her bloom reminds me how our Heavenly Father watches me. And really I know it is such a miniscule amount compared to His love for us. I am in awe.
I adore this child.
I love her FEARLESS and SPUNKY personality.
I love how smart and funny she is.
I love her wild cuteness.
I love that perfect little dimple in her cheek.
I adore her courage to love passionately even though she has faced so much pain in her 2 little years.
I love the slobbery first kiss she gave me today.
How could this be that abandoned child in an orphanage? How is it possible? This funny, smart,glowing, giggling, chubby little cherub running with all her might towards her brothers and sisters... What could have been is over. What is now is the miracle.
This miracle is larger still. How could I picture life without her? How much has she changed us and helped us grow? What would my life be without her feisty little heart in my life? I don't want to consider it. She has given me so much and changed who I am.
Without Molly we'd be missing ten little fingers and ten little toes.
Without Molly life would have been simpler, less complicated, more about ME.
My children have not come to me in average ways. Each of their stories is different. In my heart I know that God brought each of them to us. To change them??? Well, yes- perhaps. To change me- most certainly. Their little footprints on my heart are the reason for doing what I do.
I love Molly Mei YuXin, our Yen Yen.



That was such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing. She is so adorable.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful:) Hope all is well!!! Jennifer
ReplyDelete