"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zekes surgery

Shee-ow-yee aka Zeke had surgery on friday.  I knew, just knew we had another limb difference son out there somewhere.  When I saw Shee-ow-yee the first time on CHSFS site, i instantly fell in love with this boy.  But we were in the end process of getting our Molly Mei home.  I just prayed and advocated for him.  We came to realize he was our son and we our so happy he is.  What we didn't realize was the extent of his special needs.  It said in his file he was missing his arm and we had no real good pictures of it until right before travel and a hernia.  These were no big deal to us.  In China I realized there was more to his hernia than stated.  It didn't matter.  He was our son and there was nothing that was changing it.  God had made it clear he was ours and he was.   We had surgery on friday to fix those issues.  It lasted a half hour longer than it was supposed to as it was more than the surgeon had anticipated,  3 hours total.  He is sore but doing very well.  We love this little guy so much and are so happy we were able to get him the surgery he needed.  Undisclosed special needs can be scary, but when you know that the child you have chooses is yours, it really is just a process to get them fixed and healed in the arms of a loving family.  We love ya Shee-ow-yee and Happy Birthday!!!!!  (which is another issue as we have found he is older than stated, but we are still celebrating today). 


Before surgery, wearing too small of clothes and pink ones at that : )


In the recovery room trying to smile.  What a sweet boy!



Back in our room.  Always with a smile.


Getting ready to go home. His legs our numb as they gave him a spinal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP