"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Friday, July 22, 2011

70's laundry room re-do

I have been wanting to paint the laundry room for a while and give it a budget friendly make-over.  WE spent less than $75.00 to do it all.  I was ready to be done with the 70's look.  Off to home depot I went to buy paint.  The color is Benjamin moore made into a behr paint, knock-off.  There are no Benjamon stores close to where we live.  I first took off the industrial look of plastic molding.  Although at times, I like the industrial look, pink plastic floor molding, doesn't do it for me. : ) Then we (my mom came to help) took off the pink striped wall paper border.  This is what was on the walls in the living room.  Since my mother-in-law did not have any daughters, any room that she could get pink in, she did.  I took out the wire hamper holder.  It was big and cumbersome.  Being a big family, we have bulk food in there, such as flour, sugar and rice.  You can see the cat litter is also under the sink.
Here is the room without the laundry sorter.  I am liking it better already.  I just needs to be organized, too.  Having a place for dirty laundry and then baskets for clean laundry for 9 people is not easy.  

Removing wallpaper is always so fun!

The entry door removed (will stay that way) and the coat rack off the wall.  Its a shame you cant keep everything out of it, as it looks so much bigger.  

Then we painted and painted.  I wanted to paint the door (great for quick access out for hanging clothes outside-great money saver).  The walls came next, then the cupboards.  I left off two doors and painted inside.  It really turned out cute and I am glad I did it, as it wasn't easy.  I had paint up to my elbows.  



We also keep the microwave in this room.  

I bought the laundry baskets at Target and Torey added the shelf to hang clothes, as we hang dry a lot. You can see here the mistake we made by not making the shelf high enough to get the hangers in and out.  We added a piece of wood to raise and that made all the difference.  The light pink cart was Toreys grandmas. 

Here is it in action.





I used my cricut to label the hampers.  It makes it a lot easier for my kids to know where their clothes go. The one item left to do it make a curtain to go below the sink where the litter is.  



















Roomspiration

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed, not only by the transformation, but that you were able to make this happen with $75!!

    I imagine that with all the laundry you need to do, having a pretty place in which to do it makes all the difference!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP