"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Friday, July 29, 2011

Phoebes Birthday

Not sure why, but a birthday just isn't a birthday without balloons.  I am a super practical person and there is not one thing practical about balloons.  Maybe its because I never had them growing up.  In fact I grew up with not much of anything material.  When Torey and I started dating, I didn't own a shirt without a hole.  My Dad grew a garden and that's what we ate.  My Mom could make dinner from nothing.   So, back to the balloons, I love to get them for birthdays if I have a coupon.

Celebrating with friends and family. 

We had our good friends staying with us.  The live out of town and when they come this way, they usually stay with us.  Its quite fun and usually not a dull moment.  They have 4 kids, so with ours a total of 11.  I think its funny because Sunday when we got ready for church we were done a half hour early and were just sitting around talking.  We had to laugh because we see some families coming into church late and we had a half hour to spare with 11 kids.  

Beads, lots of beads.  We have so many necklaces that Phoebe was thinking we needed have a garage sale to sell them. : )

Two pillow pets.  She has wanted them for so long.  I am glad we don't induldge our children and give them everything they want.  That way when they do receive them, they are thankful.  

Strawberry shortcake was the requested birthday cake.  Yummy.


Phoebe turned 9 this year. This girl who came home from South Korea at nine months and born at 33 weeks weighing 3.3lbs.  She couldn't sit up, her muscles were so weak. She has grown so much.  She has recently learned to ride her bike.   We are so proud of the accomplishments this girl has made.  Writing has been difficult for her and she now has it down.  She is not a quitter and she loves Jesus.  Happy Birthday Phoebe!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP