"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July


Wow, the 4th was fun and busy.  We have a small town parade which I usually love a lot.  Been to it every year since I remember.  We have tractors.


Horses




Go carts



and I love all these.  I love the floats that show support of our Country.  I love this country.  I appreciate so much all the men and woman that fight for our freedom.  I don't take it for granted.  That's why I loved these floats.

That's why I love small town USA.  But our small town is becoming "not so- small town". We are a conservative christian family.  Always have been and Lord willing, always will be.  Our town is getting filled with people from other towns, people from who's ideas are no where even close to mine.  I don't like it.  I don't do change very well.  But I really thought about it and that is what our freedom is for.  People fought for their voices too and although I do not agree with them one i-oat-a,  I am thankful the freedoms I have and that they have. When I saw this float, I thought "oh wow, now that's cool"....

 

That is until I saw all the anti-war (not that I am always pro-war, but believe it is necessary at times.  Look at all the times God told people to go fight) and very liberal words all over the side of it.  Makes me sad for our small town and the way its going.  But still grateful we live in a country we can proclaim our views. 

Now back to the fun.  Here is the family waiting for the show to start.


My daughter had just woken up for a short nap in the car as she had work a 12 hour work shift. 

Here are the kids waiting for fireworks. 





Notice P holding E's shoe and running for her life!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP