"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Monday, July 12, 2010

One more opinion


I have never been one to be politically correct. And if any knows my husband at all, they know he really isn’t. I have seen a lot of talk about religion and adoption. How they do not go hand in hand. How God adopted us is nothing like adopting a child. I do agree in some ways that this is correct. Is some ways, I don’t agree at all. I agree that God adopting me is totally different than us adopting a child. There is 100% positive from Him adopting me. He saved me from Hell and made my life new again. When we adopt a child it is not 100% positive. They are losing their country (International), their language, their families (birth, orphanage, foster) and more. I think about that a lot. It makes me sad. It makes me not want to forget the items of deep importance my child has lost. But mostly it makes me pray. It makes me pray that my children will come to know the Lord as their Savior as He is the only one that can fill that whole left in their heart by adoption. You hear angry adoptees saying that they wish international adoption would go away. It is better to leave a child in an orphanage with barely any food and no medical care? No, I think they are wrong. This is what Amy Eldridge from LWB says about some of the children in Chinese orphanages. "Special needs children get abandoned because of the stigma associated with disabilities and/or because of medical costs. Extended family, especially the mother-in-law, will insist that a disabled child be abandoned because the child is considered unlucky, a curse on the family. Children with visible disabilities will be refused education, and when they grow up will have difficulty finding a job."  Is that better?   And if these adult adoptees were never adopted they would never be able to voice the opinions they hold so dear. I also know many adult adoptees that are happy they were adopted and you know what, as taboo as it is to say it, they are thankful. Oh my gosh. It is so taboo to think a child should be thankful that they are adopted. We didn’t adopt to save a child, not at all, but to expand our family. We love kids and we saw kids that needed a family. A family of unconditional love, a family that knows what they have lost (no matter the age they came home at adoption)and are there to help them deal with it, a country that will accept them even if they have differences, but most important a family to teach them about Jesus’ love for them. I know life will not be perfect for them, I know our country isn’t perfect either or our family for that matter, but I do think they will have the food, love, medical care and family that they would not have staying in the situation they are in. I don’t expect my children to thank me for adopting them and gravel at my feet or think I am a savior for adopting them. In fact the thought makes me want to puke, honestly. But I do have an adult daughter (bio.) that has thanked me for being her Mom and tells me how much she loves us and our crazy family. That I would love to hear from all my children.
I finally bought something for our new son, since we received the LOA. We went to a garage sale and I saw these toys that I thought he would like. It made it seem more real and we can’t wait to get him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP