"The will of God-nothing less, nothing more, nothing else." F.E. Marsh



Saturday, March 26, 2011

My camera bag

When we adopted Zeke, I had to sell my D80 to buy our plane tickets.  I was able to buy another d80 off craigslist recently(in which I found out the guy lied about how many pictures he had taken with it-bummer).  My dh picked it up and said he was a professional hoarder.  Nice.  Anyways, I didn't have a camera bag and wanted to put my camera somewhere safe when I would need to take it somewhere.  For instance, I am taking a camera class for dslr's on Monday and am so excited about it.  It was a groupon purchase from Capturing True Emotion Photography Workshop.  It sounds wonderful and I cant wait to learn more about shooting in something besides auto or P.  Back to the bag.  I saw on this blog tatertots and jello  about making your own camera bag.  I had bought a purse when I was in China.  It is turquoise and I love turquoise and shades of blue. 

This is what it looked like opened up. 


Where I opened her up. Don't you think she is a "she"?


 I added the plastic needlepoint to the headliner.  All this purchased at a fabric store.  I was not being exact with my cuts and stitching because I knew it was going inside the purse, not to be seen again.  I sewed around this and cut the excess trim.  This was the bottom panel.  I actually did two of these and sewn them together for extra protection for the bottom only, not the sides. 



Here is where I did mine a tad different.  I didn't want mine to be round inside so I made separate sides ,then sewed them together.  My purse doesn't look like such a balloon this way.  I then stuck this inside my opening that I had unstitched.  I had actually sewed them so it looked it resembled a circle.  I didn't want it coming apart inside the purse and having to start all over.   I put the liner inside then sewed her back up. 



I wanted the area for an extra lens, too.  Tatertots and Jellos instruction were great.  I also used the same glue she suggested and it seems to be holding tight.  I would love to get the lens Pioneer Woman  uses.  (love her site and recipes!)     Pioneer woman favorites lens     I love bokeh.



Here is what it looked like before I put it together.  I put the soft side of the Velcro inside the purse.  I didn't want the scruffy side scratching a lens or anything else. 



Here is the finished bag.  Love it and not bad for a cheap purse from China.  Now I am hoping the purse doesn't fall apart too quickly.  The purse I gave my oldest daughter has broke in the first month of use. : (



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" Author unknown

Followers

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
~C.S. Lewis

143,000,000 ORPHANS:

It is estimated that between 143,000,000 and 210,000,000 children are orphans. That’s at least 143 MILLION children in the world today. (Recent UNICEF report.)

To give you an idea of the enormity of this need, keep in mind that the approximate population of the US is 300,000,000; and the population of Russia is 141,800,000.)

There are more orphans in Sub-Sahara Africa than ALL of the children
in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden – combined!

.

.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP