Saturday, May 15, 2010
Not the Dr. appointment expected
Well yesterday did not turn out as I expected. Left the house at 7:15am to make it to M---- appointment at Shriners. Got there in about an hour, not too bad. Those of you that use Shriners, know that for their regular appointments, you might be waiting a half hour or 3 hours. It really just depends. The nurse called us back at 8:30 our appointment time. I was thrilled thinking this was going good. I could be back to work by 11:00am to do my lunchroom duty. The next room over was another adoptive family. Very nice and nice to talk to someone that shares a heart for orphans. Not to mention, it help passes the time. But after about an hour after our appointment, I ask the nurse. “ Is Dr Kuang here today? I have not seen her”. “Ummm”, was her response, “She’s out of town”. Not the response I was hoping for. We were seen by a student doctor 15 minutes later. She was wondering why she had sutures in her mouth and told us M---- could eat now. We are not taking her advice. I did talk to the care coordinator and decided we could do very soft foods for another two weeks and then be ok. The ear DR. was not there either. Pretty well bummed, but that’s ok. I do feel for the family there that drove 7 hours to see her. Then, I would not have been happy at all. I was planning of taking picture of Dr Kuang and M----, but instead have a picture of M--- playing in the waiting room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment